Proposal to integrate B.Protocol with Instadapp DSA

Summary

This proposal integrates B.Protocol by adding the ‘B.Protocol Connector’ to the master DSA Connector contracts, enabling DeFi Smart Accounts to interact with B.Protocol.

Proposal

B.Protocol is a Backstop liquidity protocol for DeFi lending platforms, currently integrated on top of MakerDAO and Compound. Users of B.Protocol give priority to the Backstop liquidators in the liquidation process, and the liquidators in return share the liquidation profits with the users. B.Protocol is fully decentralized and is governed by $BPRO holders.

The B.Protocol community has written the connector contracts needed to integrate B.Protocol into the Instadapp protocol. The Instadapp team has reviewed these connectors for structure and security.

Reason

Liquidations are one of the most crucial growth engines for DeFi to scale. B.Protocol’s backstop solution enables lending platforms another layer of security against market crashes using committed liquidators. Users gain more by using B.Protocol (than by using the lending platforms directly) as the Backstop liquidators share their profits with the users instead of paying high gas fees to miners as part of the ever-going gas wars with other liquidators.

Integrating B.Protocol will open new channels for DeFi users to scale the ecosystem while gaining more from the same lending platforms that are already available to Instadapp users.

Code

Result

1. The B.Protocol Connector is added to the DSA Connectors master enabling its use with any DeFi Smart Account.

Vote On Snapshot

Proposal on Snapshot

7 Likes

Thank you for your proposal! Sometime next week an Instadapp Delegate will create a Snapshot proposal for b.pro connector for a ‘streamlined’ integration. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Snapshot for this streamlined proposal is now live on Snapshot:
Proposal on Snapshot

Voting will be open for 3 days; a simply majority will enable the integration on the DeFi Smart Layer.

3 Likes

I don’t have a ton of INST to put behind this, but I’ll voice my support. The functionality of this proposal would be of great use for a user like myself, and I hope the community will support it.

1 Like

BProtocol explained in two minutes:

I am a bigg fan of B.Protocol’s backstop solution enables lending platforms another layer of security against market crashes using committed liquidators. I think this will provide confidence during black swan events.

@Seb_EthMonk what is the latest news/info on this? E.g. use through connector, terminal and ultimately user interface?